Monday, February 4, 2013

robot ranch

"English Electric", OMD's forthcoming longplayer, is shaping up to be a quirky affair. After the cacophony of voice commands that make up the basis of "Decimal", which was featured as the first taster from the elpee, I expected a big, melodic, electronic number would be the next thing we heard. I was very wrong.

Instead, Andy and Paul just dropped some serious science on us with the bleak, robotic wishlist of "Atomic Ranch". Check out the retro 50s themed vid clip below.



Seriously. I think their new album is likely to be "Dazzle Ships" on crack.

1 comment:

  1. I am SO excited for this album. After 30 odd years of fandom, Dazzle Ships has come to be my favorite OMD album and if they have chosen to further explore this territory then I am going to be first in line to get on board!

    ReplyDelete