Tuesday, July 20, 2010

hanging and dancing with Robyn

Barely done promoting "Body Talk Pt. 1", foxy, Swedish warbler, Robyn, unleashes "Hang With Me", the first track from the second of three mini-albums she plans to release this year. Her next petite elpee will be the aptly titled "Body Talk Pt. 2" which is scheduled to hit the "shops" on September 6.

Here's a shitty radio rip of "Hang With Me". Do people sit at the computers waiting to record this stuff? It's the modern day equivalent of being perched beside the stereo with a Magnavox cassette recorder held up to one of the speakers.



She's got that euphoric melancholy down to a science. Simply gorgeous. She's cutting her own swathe through the pop landscape by being herself and not aping anyone else's style. And she can be quite a clever, little minx as evidenced by the inclusion of the tender and fragile acoustic version of "Hang With Me" on her current mini elpee, "Body Talk Pt. 1".

Anyway, I'm digging Robyn's vibe the more I hear solid pop nuggets like this one. Her last album was always gonna be a tough one to follow.

I still hold my ground on her decision to release three, short albums. Shortplayers, if you will. I think you'll be able to distill the best bits into one, convenient - wait for it - longplayer. Can you hang with that?

In the meantime, have you heard the dirty, big beat, funky slap bass madness of "Don't Fucking Tell Me What To Do" from "Body Talk Pt. 1"? The track has been lovingly overhauled by Mylo & Sharooz.



My fave mix of the moment is the Buzz Junkies' stadium sized reswizzle of "Dancing On My Own". It is, as they say, poppers o'clock!



Excuse me. I wanna rip off all my clothes and smash things.

1 comment:

  1. Re: "It's the modern day equivalent of being perched beside the stereo with a Magnavox cassette recorder held up to one of the speakers."

    Zounds! You've captured me circa 1976! I'll never forget when I discovered what "Aux In" meant!

    ReplyDelete